Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT IN THE NEW NORMAL
WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT IN THE NEW NORMAL
by: Dr. Enrico Mina
August 28, 2020
9:00am – 12:00pm
Regular Rate Php 1,499.00 + VAT starting August 22, 2020
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until August 21, 2020
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 or more pax
Inclusive of the Webinar Session, the presentation of the materials and the Digital Certificate
Traditionally, a warehouse had been regarded as a passive storage facility for inventories of raw materials, supplies, spare parts, or finished goods. Today, however, new roles are being assigned to warehouses, such as rearranging delivered goods into customer-specific product packages. Some are even performing certain functions that would normally be associated with manufacturing plants, such as final assembly, finishing, and repacking. All are expected to add value to a company’s supply chain.
This is a course on managing warehouses in order to maximize their productivity and contribution to operating effectiveness and efficiency, particularly in the area of logistics. The course leads to an identification of a set of strategies and best practices that have been proven to work in the area of warehouse management. It is intended for warehouse managers and supervisors, materials managers, plant managers whose plants have supporting warehouses, and managers of distribution centers and depots.
The principles and best practices described in this course take into consideration the current environment of the COVID-19 pandemic and the appropriate precautions and countermeasures are incorporated in the discussion.
At the end of this course, the participants will have been able to:
1. Identify the strategic issues involved in warehousing and how they impact on operational effectiveness and efficiency
2. Learn the key success factors for ensuring that warehouses add value to the company’s supply chain
3. Describe the best practices in warehousing that have been proven to work in other organizations
4. Apply the principles and concepts to the design, implementation, and improvement of their organization’s warehouse management practices
I. What is a warehouse?
A. Traditional definition
B. Modern definition and roles
C. Objectives of warehousing
II. Warehouse functions
A. Material storage
B. Material handling
C. Information handling
III. Warehousing overview
A. Strategic warehousing
1. From traditional passive storage to active logistics role
2. New strategic roles
a) Distribution centers
b) Consolidation terminals
c) Break-bulk facilities
3. Integral to Just-in-Time and stockless production strategies
4. Maximizing flexibility
5. Economic benefits
6. Service benefits
B. Warehouse operations
1. Objective of warehouse operations
C. Warehouse ownership arrangements
4. Network deployment
D. Warehouse strategic decisions
1. Combination of private, public, and contract warehouses
2. Location and capacity
3. Warehouse layout and design
4. Materials handling technology
5. Storage plan
6. Order picking and assembly
E. Planning the distribution warehouse
1. Masterplan of the layout, capacity and space requirements, and material-handling design
2. Site selection
3. Pilferage protection
4. Protection from product deterioration
5. Warehouse Management Systems
F. Other warehouse issues
1. Inventory accuracy
3. Security arrangements
4. Safety and health
5. Environmental protection
7. Warehouse productivity metrics
G. Best practices in warehousing operations
The course is held online over a three-hour period.
The course facilitator and resource person is Dr. Enrico C. Mina, who has more than 40 years’ combined experience as a manager, consultant, trainer, and graduate school professor (Ateneo Graduate School of Business MBA programs
RESOURCE SPEAKER – Dr. Enrico C. Mina
- Dr. Enrico C. Mina is an Associate Professor of the Ateneo de Manila University Graduate School of Business, who teaches various economics and business management courses. He has had 27 years of teaching experience, the bulk of which was at the post-graduate level at the AGSB. Dr. Mina returned three years ago from a three-year teaching engagement as Senior Lecturer at the Department of Business Studies of the Papua New Guinea University of Technology at Lae City, Morobe Province, Papua New Guinea. While there, he taught courses in basic economics and management and acted as the Director of the Executive MBA Program, which he helped conceptualize and design and in which he taught six courses.
- Dr. Mina also has extensive experience in the business world as manager, consultant, and trainer, particularly in the areas of Total Quality Management and kaizen (continuous improvement), operations and supply chain management, and strategic management.
- Dr. Mina is a faculty member as well at the Ateneo School of Government, teaching Applied Economics in the Public Sector. At the same time, he teaches MBA courses at the Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health, whose curriculum seamlessly integrates medical science and management.
- He has written and published several research papers and original cases. While at PNG University of Technology, he wrote a textbook entitled Introduction to Economics for use by the university’s Department of Open and Distance Learning’s Adult Matriculation Program. He has also been the adviser of the Governance Innovation Report (equivalent to a masteral thesis) of 24 students at the Ateneo School of Government.
- Dr. Mina obtained his Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree from De La Salle University-Manila in 2011, his MBA from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business in 1979, and two undergraduate degrees (AB major in Economics and BSBA major in Management, Summa cum Laude) from De La Salle University-Manila in 1973.
LIMITED SLOTS. Limited slots are available. To avoid last-minute delays and inconveniences, please register at the latest two days or one day before the webinar event.
REGISTRATION. Please register or be registered by someone else to be able to join our webinars. Webinar access links are strictly sent through email therefore make sure you indicate the right email addresses for the participants. Likewise, please indicate how many participants you wish to include before hitting the REGISTER NOW button.
CHECK OUT. When you go to the Checkout Page, double-check the number of participants you have to register, if you change your mind or wish to make last-minute adjustments, you may do so but do not forget to update your cart by clicking the UPDATE CART button. Once everything is final, you may now click the PROCEED TO CHECK OUT button.
BILLING DETAILS AND THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS. On the upper portion, you have to enter your details (esp. your email address) as the one paying for the registration. Underneath, you have to enter the details (esp. the email addresses) of the participants you wish to join the webinar.
POWERMAX provides three (3) payment options:
(1) Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer/GCash
(2) PayPal/Credit or Debit Card Through PayPal
(3) Over The Counter (7 Eleven, Cebuana, etc.) or Web Banking (BPI Online, RCBC Online, Union Bank Online)
Bank Deposit or Online Bank Transfer
If you choose Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, you have to send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Proof of payment must be sent to email@example.com. Failure to send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org means the participants will not receive the webinar links even if the proof of payment is sent to other contact details of Powermax or its representatives (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Viber, other email addresses, etc.).
Payment Through PayPal
If you choose to pay for your registration using PayPal you may do so. Please take note that PayPal also accepts Debit Cards and Credit Cards bearing the VISA and Mastercard logo. Unlike the Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, the PayPal process automatically updates our system to issue the participants their access to our webinars.
Payment Through Over The Counter (OTC)
You may also pay us through various OTC Over The Counter payment channels:
- 7 Eleven
- Bayad Center
- Cebuana Lhuillier
- Palawan pawnshop
- RD Pawnshop
If you Checkout using a particular Over The Counter payment channel, our system will send a barcode to your registered email. You can take this barcode, show, and pay over the counter. Please note that if you generate a barcode through 7 Eleven you must pay only through any 7 Eleven branches. When payment is made, proof of payment is sent to your email for payment reference.
Payment Through Web Banking
Just click the bank of your choice:
- BPI Online
- RCBC Online
- Union Bank Online
WEBINAR ACCESS LINKS. Once payment is made and verified, we can activate the spot on the webinar then we can send the webinar access links to the email addresses of the participants – this only goes with Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer. However, for payments made using PayPal and OTC, the activation process is automatic. Note that your webinar access link cannot be shared with anyone else. If you cannot attend the date and time of the webinar kindly advise us at the latest one day ahead.
POWER WEBINARS. Powermax live webinars are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site – www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
₱1,499.00 + VAT
WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT IN THE NEW NORMAL
₱1,499.00 + VAT