UNDERSTANDING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
UNDERSTANDING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
by Dr. Rufo R. Mendoza
September 15, 2020
1:30pm – 4:30pm
Regular Rate Php 1,499.00 + VAT starting September 9, 2020
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until September 8, 2020
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 or more pax
Inclusive of the Webinar Session, the Presentation Materials of the Speaker and the Digital Certificate
Financial statements tell the story of a business. The abundance of data contained in the financial statements urges the board and management of business organizations to rely upon them in coming up with sound decisions and in plotting the future of the business. More importantly, investors, creditors, suppliers, and analysts depend on the financial statement data in assessing the financial health of a business. Hence, it becomes imperative for both the preparers and users of financial statements to clearly figure out the structure and contents of the financial statements.
This seminar provides the participants with a comprehensive knowledge on the various elements that comprise the financial statements, including their nature, classification, measurement, and presentation. It covers the accounting information system that the business must put in place to ensure that financial statements are fairly presented and generated on time. Discussions will include the interrelationship of accounts and the links among the different financial statements. The seminar concludes with analyzing the contents of the financial statements to make them more meaningful to users.
At the end of the seminar, the participants will be able to:
a. explain the attributes and processes that comprise an accounting information system and their interrelationship;
b. describe the regulatory regime, standards, and frameworks that serve as guide in financial accounting and preparation of financial statements;
c. illustrate the structure and contents of the statement of financial position, statement of comprehensive income, and statement of cash flows and discuss their relationship
d. demonstrate the contents and importance of the notes to financial statements;
e. analyze the financial health of a business organization based on the financial statements.
Outline of Topics
1. Key Business Activities. This explains how the business undertakes the financing, investing, and operating activities and the role of the managers on these activities.
2. The Financial Reporting Environment. This covers the current developments pertaining to the preparation of the financial statements as required by regulatory bodies.
3. The Structure and Contents of the Financial Statements. This covers the classification of accounts as shown in the financial statements and the contents of the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows.
4. Financial Analytical Tools and Techniques
- Asset management or activity
5. Integrated Tools in Analyzing Business Performance
- Du Pont Method of Financial Analysis
- Financial Leverage
Business owners and executives; and managers, officers, and staff performing the following functions: finance, accounting, marketing, operations, human resources, credit analysis and evaluation, purchasing, planning, supply chain, and investment management.
RESOURCE SPEAKER – DR. RUFO R. MENDOZA
- Dr. Rufo R. Mendoza was a member of the Professional Regulatory Board of Accountancy for seven years, where he was the Vice-Chair for three and a half years. He was also the Chair of the PRC’s Continuing Professional Development Council for Accountancy for five years. In his tenure in the BOA, he represented the country in the ASEAN Meetings of Professional Regulatory Authorities for the Mutual Recognition Arrangement on Accountancy Services. He was also the country’s delegate to the APEC Senior Officials Meeting in Accounting Services. He was PICPA’s national awardee as Outstanding CPA in Professional Development in 2008 and Outstanding CPA in Government Service in 2010.
- He has more than 20 years of experience in external audit and internal audit of private businesses. He has 15 years of extensive experience in consulting with international development organizations in the area of public financial management that covers the internal control system, risk management, and internal audit. He was Consultant at World Bank, UNDP, European Commission, Australian Agency for International Development, and United States Agency for International Development.
- He has a master’s degree in development management and a Ph.D. in community development and agribusiness management both from the University of the Philippines Los Baños, where he was awarded membership in three international honor societies.
- He taught in the graduate school of leading universities in the Philippines, including the Asian Institute of Management, Ateneo de Manila University’s School of Government, UP Open University, University of Philippine Los Baños, and De La Salle Lipa.
- Currently, he is a National Capacity Development Expert at the Asian Development Bank.
LIMITED SLOTS. Limited slots are available. To avoid last-minute delays and inconveniences, we advise you to please register at the latest two days or one day before the webinar event.
REGISTRATION. You must register or be registered by someone else to be able to join our webinars. Webinar access links are strictly sent through email therefore make sure you indicate the right email addresses for the participants. Please indicate how many participants you wish to include before hitting the REGISTER NOW button.
CHECK OUT. When you go to the Checkout Page, double-check the number of participants you have to register, if you change your mind or wish to make last-minute adjustments, do not forget to update your cart by clicking the UPDATE CART button. Once everything is final, you may now click the PROCEED TO CHECK OUT button.
BILLING DETAILS AND THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS. On the upper portion, you have to enter your details (esp. your email address) as the one paying for the registration. Underneath, you have to enter the details (esp. the email addresses) of the participants you wish to join the webinar.
POWERMAX provides three (3) payment options:
(1) Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer
(2) PayPal/Credit or Debit Card Through PayPal
Bank Deposit or Online Bank Transfer
If you choose Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, you have to send the proof of payment to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Proof of payment must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to send the proof of payment to email@example.com means the participants will not receive the webinar links even if the proof of payment is sent to other contact details of Powermax or its representatives (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Viber, other email addresses, etc.).
Payment Through PayPal
If you choose to pay for your registration using PayPal you may do so. Please take note that PayPal also accepts Debit Cards and Credit Cards bearing the VISA and Mastercard logo. Unlike the Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, the PayPal process automatically updates our system to issue the participants their access to our webinars.
WEBINAR ACCESS LINKS. Once payment is made and verified, we can activate the spot on the webinar then we can send the webinar access links to the email addresses of the participants – this only goes with Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer. However, for payments made using PayPal and OTC, the activation process is automatic. Note that your webinar access link cannot be shared with anyone else. If you cannot attend the date and time of the webinar kindly advise us at the latest one day ahead.
POWER WEBINARS. Powermax live webinars are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site – www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!
₱1,499.00 + VAT
UNDERSTANDING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
₱1,499.00 + VAT