Total Quality Management and Kaizen 101
₱1,499.00 + VAT
Featured Speaker: Dr. Enrico C. Mina
TQM & Supply Management Consultant
June 25, 2021
9:00am – 12:00nn
Regular Rate Php 1,499.00 + VAT starting June 19, 2021
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until June 18, 2021
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 or more pax
Inclusive of the Webinar Session and the Digital Certificate
Total Quality Management
and Kaizen 101
Customers’ loyal patronage is the lifeblood of all businesses. A firm must convince its customers that it offers superior value for money compared to what competitors offer. The components of value are Quality, Cost, and Delivery.
In the past, many firms assumed that Quality and Cost cannot go together; higher quality is necessarily more expensive and lowering costs will involve some sacrifice of quality. The Japanese, recovering from the ashes of World War II, learned from two American gurus that high Quality, low Cost, and reliable Delivery can occur together if the quality of the process was continuously improved. They applied these lessons diligently and within 30 years achieved the status of an economic superpower.
This course explores the principles and concepts of this management philosophy and system popularly known as Total Quality Management. Adopted and persistently applied, this system will result in higher customer satisfaction, larger market share, greater productivity, and higher profitability. It is a strategic, not merely operational or tactical, approach to managing the entire organization.
At the end of this course, the participants would have been able to:
- Understand and accept the radical changes in mindsets and thinking patterns required by TQM
- Understand the customers’ superordinate goals, levels of expectation, and value calculation
- Explain the importance of processes, their component elements, and the cost of quality created by these processes, and the concept of muda or process waste and how to identify and eliminate or reduce them
- Learn to engage all their human resources in the never-ending effort to improve
- Apply TQM as a powerful strategic weapon to ensure future progress and prosperity of the firm
- Explain and apply the three superordinate principles and seven key concepts of kaizen or continuous improvement
I. Rapid environmental changes and the need to respond
A. Liberalization of trade and globalization of business
B. Tougher competition
C. More demanding customers
D. Faster rate of technological change
E. More turbulent environment
F. Adaptation for survival and growth
II. Lessons from Japan
A. Rising from the ashes of war towards economic dominance
B. The roles of W. Edwards Deming and J. Juran
C. Matsushita’s philosophy of change
III. Paradigm shifts
A. The principal purpose of a business enterprise
B. The definition of quality
C. The definition of the customer
D. How quality is to be achieved
E. The relationship between quality and productivity
- The Cost of Quality
- Improving overall costs over time
F. The measurement of quality
G. The causes of quality problems
- Identification of muda
- Process flowcharting and analysis
- Muda elimination
H. The role of people
I. Time frame
J. The role of quality: the PIMS study
K. The philosophy of improvement
IV. Kaizen (continuous improvement)
A. Relationship with standardization and innovation
B. Five gemba principles
C. Superordinate principles
- Process and results
- Total system focus
- Non-blaming/non-judgmental behavior
D. Seven concepts
- SDCA to PDCA
- The next process is the customer.
- Quality first
- Market in
- Upstream management
- Speak with data
- Variability control and recurrence prevention
E. The role of organizational culture
- The need for cultural change
- Two routes to the quality journey
F. Service quality
- The nature of service
- The Service Triangle
- Service gaps
- Service quality dimensions
V. Eleven pre-conditions for successful TQM implementation
1. Management involvement and leadership
2. Organization for Quality
4. Participative management
5. Training and education
6. Measurements and standards
7. Plans, programs, and strategies
8. Regular reviews
9. Rewards and recognition
10. Supplier quality
11. Process management
The course facilitator is Dr. Enrico C. Mina, an Associate Professor at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business who has had 35 years of experience in the field of TQM, particularly in San Miguel Corp., United Laboratories, Inc., and Kaizen Management Systems, Inc.
The course is held online over 3 hours (9:00 AM – 12:00 NN).
Featured Speaker – Dr. Enrico C. Mina
- Dr. Enrico C. Mina is an Associate Professor of the Ateneo de Manila University Graduate School of Business, who teaches various economics and business management courses. He has had 27 years of teaching experience, the bulk of which was at the post-graduate level at the AGSB. Dr. Mina returned three years ago from a three-year teaching engagement as Senior Lecturer at the Department of Business Studies of the Papua New Guinea University of Technology at Lae City, Morobe Province, Papua New Guinea. While there, he taught courses in basic economics and management and acted as the Director of the Executive MBA Program, which he helped conceptualize and design and in which he taught six courses.
- Dr. Mina also has extensive experience in the business world as manager, consultant, and trainer, particularly in the areas of Total Quality Management and kaizen (continuous improvement), operations and supply chain management, and strategic management.
- Dr. Mina is a faculty member as well at the Ateneo School of Government, teaching Applied Economics in the Public Sector. At the same time, he teaches MBA courses at the Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health, whose curriculum seamlessly integrates medical science and management.
- He has written and published several research papers and original cases. While at PNG University of Technology, he wrote a textbook entitled Introduction to Economics for use by the university’s Department of Open and Distance Learning’s Adult Matriculation Program. He has also been the adviser of the Governance Innovation Report (equivalent to a masteral thesis) of 24 students at the Ateneo School of Government.
- Dr. Mina obtained his Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree from De La Salle University-Manila in 2011, his MBA from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business in 1979, and two undergraduate degrees (AB major in Economics and BSBA major in Management, Summa cum Laude) from De La Salle University-Manila in 1973.
LIMITED SLOTS. Limited slots are available. To avoid last-minute delays and inconveniences, we advise you to please register at the latest two days or one day before the webinar event.
REGISTRATION. You must register or be registered by someone else to be able to join our webinars. Webinar access links are strictly sent through email therefore make sure you indicate the right email addresses for the participants. Please indicate how many participants you wish to include before hitting the REGISTER NOW button.
CHECK OUT. When you go to the Checkout Page, double-check the number of participants you have to register, if you change your mind or wish to make last-minute adjustments, do not forget to update your cart by clicking the UPDATE CART button. Once everything is final, you may now click the PROCEED TO CHECK OUT button.
BILLING DETAILS AND THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS. On the upper portion, you have to enter your details (esp. your email address) as the one paying for the registration. Underneath, you have to enter the details (esp. the email addresses) of the participants you wish to join the webinar.
POWERMAX provides three (3) payment options:
(1) Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer
(3) PayPal/Credit or Debit Card Through PayPal
Bank Deposit or Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash
If you choose Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer or G-Cash, you have to send the proof of payment to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Proof of payment must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to send the proof of payment to email@example.com means the participants will not receive the webinar links even if the proof of payment is sent to other contact details of Powermax or its representatives (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Viber, other email addresses, etc.).
Payment Through PayPal
If you choose to pay for your registration using PayPal you may do so. Please take note that PayPal also accepts Debit Cards and Credit Cards bearing the VISA and Mastercard logo. Unlike the Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, the PayPal process automatically updates our system to issue the participants their access to our webinars.
WEBINAR ACCESS LINKS. Once payment is made and verified, we can activate the spot on the webinar then we can send the webinar access links to the email addresses of the participants – this only goes with Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash. However, for payments made using PayPal, the activation process is automatic. Note that your webinar access link cannot be shared with anyone else. If you cannot attend on the date and time of the webinar kindly advise us at the latest one day ahead.
POWER WEBINARS. Powermax live webinars are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site – www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Definition of Terms
- REGISTRANT – The person who has registered himself or other people for a webinar of Powermax
- ENROLLEE(S) – The person(s) registered by the REGISTRANT
- PAID REGISTRANT – The registrant who has paid in full for the registration of the ENROLLEE(S)
- ATTENDEE(S) – The enrollee(s) who has / have actually attended the webinar
- The Official Receipts will be made available for pick up at the office of
Powermax Consulting Group. If you need a soft copy, we can take a picture of it and send you a copy online. However, if you want the physical copy delivered to your office, you can arrange with and pay for a local courier service like Lalamove or Grab Express.
- Sharing of the presentation materials depends on the webinar speaker.
(a) Some speakers willingly share their materials while others don’t.
(b) For the speakers who are willing to share their presentation materials
- Some prefer that the materials be sent in advance while others prefer that they be sent after the webinar
- Some prefer that the handouts to be given to the attendees are different from the PowerPoint files that they use and will not share the PPT files
Powermax cannot guarantee that the presentation materials of each webinar will be shared, or shared in advance, or will be the same as the PPT file of the speaker.
- By joining the webinar of Powermax, you consent to interviews, photography, audio recording, video recording and its / their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on web sites, or for any other purpose(s) that Powermax, its vendors, partners, affiliates and/or representatives deems fit to use. You release Powermax, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings.Any form of video, image or audio recording during the webinar is not allowed unless with the express permission of the speaker and the management of Powermax Consulting Group.
- By entering the event premises (conference venue or Zoom meeting platform), you waive all rights to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken.
- Any form of video, image or audio recording during the webinar is not allowed unless with the express permission of the speaker and the management of Powermax Consulting Group.
- Your registration fee entitles your enrollee(s) to a slot in a webinar you have paid for but no record of the video of the webinar will be shared.
- If an enrollee fails to join the webinar because Powermax fails to give the webinar link, the payment of his / her REGISTRANT will be refunded in full or if the REGISTRANT prefers, the payment will be rolled over to other webinars of his / her choice.
- If an enrollee advises Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar that he / she cannot attend it, the payment for that slot will be rolled over to another webinar. But if he / she avails of the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials), the payment cannot be rolled over to another webinar.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar and also fails to advise Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar, the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials) will be given to him / her but there will be no option for rollover.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar because of a technical glitch on his / her device but other enrollees manage to join the said webinar, there will be no liability on the part of Powermax unless it can be established that there is a clear fault by a representative of Powermax.
- Certificates will be given to the ATTENDEES only.
- Questions or clarifications about the subject matter of a webinar can only be entertained by the speakers during the holding of the webinar. After the webinar, the speaker cannot be obliged to answer them though email, Facebook chat or some other means.
- Unless asked by the speaker or the host to talk, the attendees should not unmute their microphone to avoid distracting the session. Anyone who persists in unmuting his / her audio, despite the reminder or warning, will be removed from the webinar session.
- During the webinar, the ATTENDEES are not allowed to advertise any business competitive with the business of Powermax (seminars / webinars / events) or its sister company AGFI or Advertising and Gaming Fabrication, Inc. (signages, kiosks, podiums, gaming modules like tambiolo, roleta, pachinko; sticker and tarpaulin printing; and laser cutting)
- We want everyone to enjoy the webinar. However, we reserve the right to remove participants who are unruly or disruptive (e.g., keeps making noise, spamming the chat, etc.) and no refund will be made.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!
₱1,499.00 + VAT
Total Quality Management and Kaizen 101
₱1,499.00 + VAT