THE BASICS OF HR
MAY 27 | 10:30am – 12:00nn
Vince Lombardi said, to become successful, you have to become brilliant on the basics. Even the senior HR professionals need to review the fundamental principles and practice of Human Resource Management. On this live webinar, Dr. Virgel Binghay, Professor & Director for Center for Industry Productivity and Competitiveness, University of the Philippines will discuss and explain the issues related to the immensely interesting topic – The Basic of HR.
HR Goals and Objectives
Core Functions of HR
– Recruitment and Selection
– Training and Development
– Compensation and Benefits
– Employee Relations/Labor Relations
Challenges and Issues of Contemporary HR
– Socio-cultural environment
– Economic environment
– Political environment
– Technological environment
SPEAKER – DR. VIRGEL BINGHAY
Professor & Director
Center for Industry Productivity and Competitiveness
University of the Philippines
- International lecturer (Australia, Canada, Japan, Germany, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.)
- Invited to present papers in Canada and Peru
- Author of a number of books and his articles are published in some of the journals and conference proceedings.
- Issue Editor of the “Philippine Journal of Labor and Industrial Relations”
- Member of different professional organizations including the International Industrial Relations Association (IIRA); and Industrial Relations Association of Academics in Australia; New Zealand (IRAANZ); and ILO Association of the Philippines; etc.
- Expert in corporate planning, organization development, human resource management, industrial relations and quality management.
- Before joining the University of the Philippines, he was connected with the private sector and a government agency – including his stint with San Miguel Corporation as Corporate Labor Relations Manager.
- Recipient of various awards, recognitions and grants including the “2006 HR Leadership Award” (from the World HRD Congress Global HR Excellence Awards, held in Mumbai, India).
- Accredited Voluntary Arbitrator of the Department of Labor & Employment
Limited slots are available. Hurry! Join us now.
Powermax live webinars are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology.
It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills.
Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site – powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
You must register in order to be able to join. Likewise, you will be asked to Check Out. Afterward, you will receive a confirmation email containing the information about joining the live webinar.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!