No products in the cart.
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT USING THE BALANCED SCORECARD IN THE NEW NORMAL
₱1,499.00 + VAT
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT USING THE BALANCED SCORECARD IN THE NEW NORMAL
by Dr. Enrico C. Mina
September 8, 2020
9:00am – 12:00nn
Regular Rate Php 1,499.00 + VAT starting September 2, 2020
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until September 1, 2020
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 or more pax
Inclusive of the Webinar Session, the Presentation Materials of the Speaker
and the Digital Certificate
Translating the organizational strategies crafted by the senior-level management into consistently supportive short-term and medium-term performance targets and standards at each level and organizational unit is easier said than done. But this is essential to ensure that strategies are successfully implemented and the desired results obtained. It is also an objective means of evaluating the performance of accountable managers and other personnel.
Traditionally, only financial indicators (sales, gross profit margin, liquidity, return on funds employed, etc.) were used as measures of performance against targets. But using historical financial results is like driving by looking only at the rear-view mirror. The financial figures tell us what happened, but not what is likely to happen in the future.
A better methodology known as the Balanced Scorecard sets targets and tracks results using four interrelated perspectives:
· Internal business process
· Learning and growth
This course introduces the methodology of the Balanced Scorecard so that the participants can move forward to implementing it in their organization.
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
1. Learn the principles and concepts behind the Balanced Scorecard
2. Explain its advantages and benefits in performance measurement
3. Apply it on their organization using live data
4. Create a plan for its introduction into their organization
The course is designed for senior and middle-level managers. It is highly recommended to have the CEO and his/her direct subordinates as participants.
I. The origin of the Balanced Scorecard
II. Two fundamental issues addressed
A. The problem of effective organizational performance management
B. The critical issue of successful strategy implementation
III. Financial measurement and its limitations
A. Not consistent with today’s business realities
B. Driving by rearview mirror
C. Tends to reinforce functional silos
D. Sacrifices long-term thinking
E. Financial measures are not relevant to many levels of the organization
IV. The implementation of strategy
A. While the development of strategy is not a simple task, the successful implementation of those strategies has been more daunting
B. The Vision Barrier
C. People Barrier
D. The Management Barrier
E. The Resource Barrier
V. The Balanced Scorecard
B. Key stakeholders
C. Balance between financial and non-financial indicators of success
D. Balance between internal and external stakeholders
E. Balance between lag and lead indicators of performance
F. Four perspectives
3. Internal business process
4. Learning and growth
G. Interdependence due to the common vision and strategy
H. Objectives, measures, targets, and initiatives
VI. Uses of the Balanced Scorecard
A. As a Measurement System for Performance
B. As a Strategic Management System
C. As a Communications Tool
VII. Key success factors
A. Top management leadership and support
B. A support organization
D. Employee involvement and participation
E. Training and education
F. Plans, programs, and projects
G. Regular performance reviews
H. Reward and recognition
I. Process management
VIII. Top implementation issues
A. Leadership issues
B. Cultural issues
C. System issues
D. Need for consulting help
Schedule and Venue
The course is held online via Zoom over 3 hours.
The course facilitator is Dr. Enrico C. Mina, currently an Associate Professor at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business at Rockwell Center Makati teaching Economics and Management courses in MBA programs. Dr. Mina has extensive corporate experience as a manager, trainer, and consultant, aside from having advanced academic qualifications.
RESOURCE SPEAKER – Dr. Enrico C. Mina
- Dr. Enrico C. Mina is an Associate Professor of the Ateneo de Manila University Graduate School of Business, who teaches various economics and business management courses. He has had 27 years of teaching experience, the bulk of which was at the post-graduate level at the AGSB. Dr. Mina returned three years ago from a three-year teaching engagement as Senior Lecturer at the Department of Business Studies of the Papua New Guinea University of Technology at Lae City, Morobe Province, Papua New Guinea. While there, he taught courses in basic economics and management and acted as the Director of the Executive MBA Program, which he helped conceptualize and design and in which he taught six courses.
- Dr. Mina also has extensive experience in the business world as manager, consultant, and trainer, particularly in the areas of Total Quality Management and kaizen (continuous improvement), operations and supply chain management, and strategic management.
- Dr. Mina is a faculty member as well at the Ateneo School of Government, teaching Applied Economics in the Public Sector. At the same time, he teaches MBA courses at the Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health, whose curriculum seamlessly integrates medical science and management.
- He has written and published several research papers and original cases. While at PNG University of Technology, he wrote a textbook entitled Introduction to Economics for use by the university’s Department of Open and Distance Learning’s Adult Matriculation Program. He has also been the adviser of the Governance Innovation Report (equivalent to a masteral thesis) of 24 students at the Ateneo School of Government.
- Dr. Mina obtained his Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree from De La Salle University-Manila in 2011, his MBA from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business in 1979, and two undergraduate degrees (AB major in Economics and BSBA major in Management, Summa cum Laude) from De La Salle University-Manila in 1973.
LIMITED SLOTS. Limited slots are available. To avoid last-minute delays and inconveniences, we advise you to please register at the latest two days or one day before the webinar event.
REGISTRATION. You must register or be registered by someone else to be able to join our webinars. Webinar access links are strictly sent through email therefore make sure you indicate the right email addresses for the participants. Please indicate how many participants you wish to include before hitting the REGISTER NOW button.
CHECK OUT. When you go to the Checkout Page, double-check the number of participants you have to register, if you change your mind or wish to make last-minute adjustments, do not forget to update your cart by clicking the UPDATE CART button. Once everything is final, you may now click the PROCEED TO CHECK OUT button.
BILLING DETAILS AND THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS. On the upper portion, you have to enter your details (esp. your email address) as the one paying for the registration. Underneath, you have to enter the details (esp. the email addresses) of the participants you wish to join the webinar.
POWERMAX provides three (3) payment options:
(1) Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer
(2) PayPal/Credit or Debit Card Through PayPal
(3) Over The Counter (7 Eleven, Cebuana, etc.)
Bank Deposit or Online Bank Transfer
If you choose Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, you have to send the proof of payment to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Proof of payment must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to send the proof of payment to email@example.com means the participants will not receive the webinar links even if the proof of payment is sent to other contact details of Powermax or its representatives (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Viber, other email addresses, etc.).
Payment Through PayPal
If you choose to pay for your registration using PayPal you may do so. Please take note that PayPal also accepts Debit Cards and Credit Cards bearing the VISA and Mastercard logo. Unlike the Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, the PayPal process automatically updates our system to issue the participants their access to our webinars.
Payment Through Over The Counter (OTC)
You may also pay us through various OTC Over The Counter payment channels:
- 7 Eleven
- Bayad Center
- Cebuana Lhuillier
- Palawan pawnshop
- RD Pawnshop
If you Checkout using a particular Over The Counter payment channel, our system will send a barcode to your registered email. You can take this barcode, show, and pay over the counter. Please note that if you generate a barcode through 7 Eleven you must pay only through any 7 Eleven branch. When payment is made, proof of payment is sent to your email for payment reference.
WEBINAR ACCESS LINKS. Once payment is made and verified, we can activate the spot on the webinar then we can send the webinar access links to the email addresses of the participants – this only goes with Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer. However, for payments made using PayPal and OTC, the activation process is automatic. Note that your webinar access link cannot be shared with anyone else. If you cannot attend on the date and time of the webinar kindly advise us at the latest one day ahead.
POWER WEBINARS. Powermax live webinars are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site – www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.