Modern Procurement and Supply Management
₱1,699.00 + VAT
Featured Speaker: Dr. Enrico C. Mina
TQM & Supply Management Consultant
May 25, 2022
9:00am – 12:00nn
Regular Rate Php 1,699.00 + VAT starting May 19, 2022
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until May 18, 2022
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 – 14 pax
Super Group Rate Php 1,099.00 + VAT per pax for 15 or more pax
Inclusive of the Webinar Session, the presentation materials and the Digital Certificate *******************************************************************
Modern Procurement and Supply Management
All business organizations engage in procurement from external vendors, suppliers, contractors or subcontractors. Procurement or purchasing and supply management is vital to the operations of any business firm, especially a manufacturer. But even firms engaged in service businesses need dependable sources of supply.
This is a course on how the principles of modern procurement and supply management have been applied by forward-looking and innovative organizations. The course leads to an identification of a set of strategies and best practices that have been proven to work and show great promise of improving an organization’s quality, productivity, competitiveness, and profitability levels, provided that they are correctly and consistently applied. The course describes these practices and recommends how they can be properly applied in the Philippine environment.
At the end of this course, the participants will have been able to:
- Identify the strategic issues that are embodied in the procurement of goods and services from external entities
- Compare and contrast the traditional paradigms of purchasing or procurement vs. those of MPSM
- Identify the critical actions and key success factors needed to institute a change from the traditional purchasing paradigms to those of MPSM
- The impossibility of complete vertical integration
- The upstream supply chain
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3
- Managing the supply chain as a major strategy
- The mission of Purchasing and Supply Management
- Procurement objectives
- Procurement and supply management strategy
- Key issues in purchasing and supply management
- Single source or dual sources vs. multiple sources
- Arms-length adversarial relationship vs. collaborative partnership
- Direct purchase vs. multi-tier supply
- Non-interference vs. supplier development
- Exclusively internal new product development vs. supplier collaboration and participation
- Large suppliers vs. SMEs
- Traditional practices in purchasing and supply management
- Purchasing or procurement is regarded as tactical or operational.
- At least three competing suppliers per item; for big purchases, competitive bidding, with the lowest bidder winning
- The relationship with suppliers is adversarial.
- All internal information is confidential and cannot be shared with the supplier.
- The relationship with the supplier is short-term.
- If a supplier falters in quality or delivery, it is threatened with cancellation of the current order, or with being cut-off from future orders.
- The purchasing department is concerned only with direct suppliers and wants these to be the manufacturers as much as possible.
- Collaboration with suppliers is strictly prohibited because of the fear of collusion and dishonesty.
- All new product development is done internally; no supplier is allowed to participate.
- Suppliers should be large and with a long track record.
- If the volume of a particular purchased item is large and expected to grow, the company should consider producing it internally.
- The practices of Quality Purchasing and Supply Management
- The buying company must practice Lean Manufacturing or Just-in-Time Production
- The primary mission of purchasing and supply management is to contribute to the firm’s competitiveness and profitability by enhancing the quality, total usage cost, delivery reliability, and service provided by the upstream supply chain members.
- Conduct firm-wide spend analysis to identify the critical few (Class A and Class B) items being purchased, as well as the cost of the purchasing function.
- Rationalize the supply base, reduce the number of suppliers per item, go for single source supply when feasible, and consolidate contracts.
- Concurrently with reducing the supply base, organize the upstream supply chain into several layers or tiers shaped like a pyramid.
- Establish long-term strategic partnerships with the best suppliers, with both sides endeavoring to nurture a relationship built on trust and mutual benefit.
- Close communication is practiced between customer and supplier; even information previously considered sensitive (e.g., costs of production) are shared with one another.
- Establish clear, specific, measurable, and time-bound standards for all suppliers, and give each of them regular (e.g., monthly) evaluation feedback on their performance.
- For suppliers that falter in meeting some standards, initiate a Supplier Development program that provides technical assistance for process improvement, an equitable sharing of savings and other benefits, and a combination of pressure and incentives to motivate the suppliers to continuously improve their performance.
- Suppliers that perform excellently, on the other hand, are recognized and honored, and prioritized for future orders, without being subjected to lowest-price bidding.
- Enter into long-term supply contracts with high-performing, reliable suppliers (e.g., blanket P.O. or system P.O.) covering several years.
- Have a reliable vendor manage inventories of high volume stock items that it supplies.
- An alternative is Third-Party Logistics, whereby a professional logistics service provider is engaged by the supplier and the customer to undertake the functions of Inventory Planning and Control and of Warehousing.
- Distributors and agents are regarded as valuable suppliers if they can provide service that will enhance product performance.
- Treat suppliers as valuable members of the design and engineering teams for new product development.
- Big enterprises engage in the development of SME suppliers for strategic benefit.
- Organize partner suppliers into a “suppliers’ association” whose members practice mutual learning through benchmarking and sharing of best practices.
- The company will not produce internally what can be produced better, cheaper, and faster by specialist suppliers; it will focus on its core competencies.
Featured Speaker – Dr. Enrico C. Mina
- Dr. Enrico C. Mina is an Associate Professor of the Ateneo de Manila University Graduate School of Business, who teaches various economics and business management courses. He has had 27 years of teaching experience, the bulk of which was at the post-graduate level at the AGSB. Dr. Mina returned three years ago from a three-year teaching engagement as Senior Lecturer at the Department of Business Studies of the Papua New Guinea University of Technology at Lae City, Morobe Province, Papua New Guinea. While there, he taught courses in basic economics and management and acted as the Director of the Executive MBA Program, which he helped conceptualize and design and in which he taught six courses.
- Dr. Mina also has extensive experience in the business world as manager, consultant, and trainer, particularly in the areas of Total Quality Management and kaizen (continuous improvement), operations and supply chain management, and strategic management.
- Dr. Mina is a faculty member as well at the Ateneo School of Government, teaching Applied Economics in the Public Sector. At the same time, he teaches MBA courses at the Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health, whose curriculum seamlessly integrates medical science and management.
- He has written and published several research papers and original cases. While at PNG University of Technology, he wrote a textbook entitled Introduction to Economics for use by the university’s Department of Open and Distance Learning’s Adult Matriculation Program. He has also been the adviser of the Governance Innovation Report (equivalent to a masteral thesis) of 24 students at the Ateneo School of Government.
- Dr. Mina obtained his Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree from De La Salle University-Manila in 2011, his MBA from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business in 1979, and two undergraduate degrees (AB major in Economics and BSBA major in Management, Summa cum Laude) from De La Salle University-Manila in 1973.
We can conduct in-house training for the above program for your company to make it more customized to your requirements.
In the same vein, with our battery of seasoned Filipino trainers or speakers, training consultants and facilitators, we can conduct other employee development programs for your people configured to your preferences:
HUMAN RESOURCE or HR
- Basic and Advanced HR
- Recruitment or Talent Selection
- Training or Learning and Development
- Job Evaluation
- Employee Compensation and Benefits
- Labor Law 101
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Company Policy
- Employee Discipline
- Administrative Hearing
- Job Contracting
- Basic Taxation
- All About VAT
- Withholding Taxes
- Tax Assessment
- Percentage Tax
- Legal Strategies to Reduce Tax
- Handling B.I.R. Audit
- Employee Benefits Tax
- Basic Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Strengthening Your Accounting Systems
- Internal Control
- Accounting for Non-Accountants
- Finance for Non-Financial Professionals
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to Materials Management
- Warehouse Management
- Inventory Planning and Control
- Modern Procurement
- Supply Management
LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT OR SUPERVISION
- Basic Leadership and Management Excellence
- Supervisory Leadership Development
- Developing Your Managerial Leadership
- How to Bring Out the Best in People
- Awaken the Sales Champion in You
- Professional Selling
- How to Handle Objections
- 39 Ways to Close More Sales
- Customer Service
- Telephone and Email Etiquette
- Top Techniques to improve Collection
- Work Attitude and Values Enhancement
- Mastering Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication
POWERMAX WEBINARS. As a leading online corporate training provider in Manila, Philippines, Powermax currently offers live webinars which are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site –www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
LIMITED SLOTS. Limited slots are available. To avoid last-minute delays and inconveniences, we advise you to please register at the latest two days or one day before the webinar event.
REGISTRATION. You must register or be registered by someone else to be able to join our webinars. Webinar access links are strictly sent through email therefore make sure you indicate the right email addresses for the participants. Please indicate how many participants you wish to include before hitting the REGISTER NOW button.
CHECK OUT. When you go to the Checkout Page, double-check the number of participants you have to register, if you change your mind or wish to make last-minute adjustments, do not forget to update your cart by clicking the UPDATE CART button. Once everything is final, you may now click the PROCEED TO CHECK OUT button.
BILLING DETAILS AND THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS. On the upper portion, you have to enter your details (esp. your email address) as the one paying for the registration. Underneath, you have to enter the details (esp. the email addresses) of the participants you wish to join the webinar.
POWERMAX provides three (3) payment options:
(1) Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer
(3) PayPal/Credit or Debit Card Through PayPal
Bank Deposit or Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash
If you choose Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer or G-Cash, you have to send the proof of payment to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Proof of payment must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to send the proof of payment to email@example.com means the participants will not receive the webinar links even if the proof of payment is sent to other contact details of Powermax or its representatives (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Viber, other email addresses, etc.).
Payment Through PayPal
If you choose to pay for your registration using PayPal you may do so. Please take note that PayPal also accepts Debit Cards and Credit Cards bearing the VISA and Mastercard logo. Unlike the Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, the PayPal process automatically updates our system to issue the participants their access to our webinars.
WEBINAR ACCESS LINKS. Once payment is made and verified, we can activate the spot on the webinar then we can send the webinar access links to the email addresses of the participants – this only goes with Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash. However, for payments made using PayPal, the activation process is automatic. Note that your webinar access link cannot be shared with anyone else. If you cannot attend on the date and time of the webinar kindly advise us at the latest one day ahead.
POWER WEBINARS. Powermax live webinars are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site – www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Definition of Terms
- REGISTRANT – The person who has registered himself or other people for a webinar of Powermax
- ENROLLEE(S) – The person(s) registered by the REGISTRANT
- PAID REGISTRANT – The registrant who has paid in full for the registration of the ENROLLEE(S)
- ATTENDEE(S) – The enrollee(s) who has / have actually attended the webinar
- The Official Receipts will be made available for pick up at the office of Powermax Consulting Group. If you need a soft copy, we can take a picture of it and send you a copy online. However, if you want the physical copy delivered to your office, you can arrange with and pay for a local courier service like Lalamove or Grab Express.
- Sharing of the presentation materials depends on the webinar speaker.
(a) Some speakers willingly share their materials while others don’t
(b) For the speakers who are willing to share their presentation materials
- Some prefer that the materials be sent in advance while others prefer that they be sent after the webinar
- Some prefer that the handouts to be given to the attendees are different from the PowerPoint files that they use and will not share the PPT files
Powermax cannot guarantee that the presentation materials of each webinar will be shared, or shared in advance, or will be the same as the PPT file of the speaker.
- By joining the webinar of Powermax, you consent to interviews, photography, audio recording, video recording and its / their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on web sites, or for any other purpose(s) that Powermax, its vendors, partners, affiliates and/or representatives deem fit to use. You release Powermax, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings.
- By entering the event premises (conference venue or Zoom meeting platform), you waive all rights to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken.
- Any form of recording and sharing of the video, image or audio of the webinar is strictly prohibited unless with the express permission of the speaker and the management of Powermax Consulting Group.
- Your registration fee entitles your enrollee(s) to a slot in a webinar you have paid for but no record of the video of the webinar will be shared.
- If an enrollee fails to join the webinar because Powermax fails to give the webinar link, the payment of his / her REGISTRANT will be refunded in full or if the REGISTRANT prefers, the payment will be rolled over to other webinars of his / her choice.
- If an enrollee advises Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar that he / she cannot attend it, the payment for that slot will be rolled over to another webinar. But if he / she avails of the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials), the payment cannot be rolled over to another webinar.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar and also fails to advise Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar, the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials) will be given to him / her but there will be no option for rollover.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar because of a technical glitch on his / her device but other enrollees manage to join the said webinar, there will be no liability on the part of Powermax unless it can be established that there is a clear fault by a representative of Powermax.
- Certificates will be given to the ATTENDEES only.
- Questions or clarifications about the subject matter of a webinar can only be entertained by the speakers during the holding of the webinar. After the webinar, the speaker cannot be obliged to answer them through email, Facebook chat or some other means.
- Unless asked by the speaker or the host to talk, the attendees should not unmute their microphone to avoid distracting the session. Anyone who persists in unmuting his / her audio, despite the reminder or warning, will be removed from the webinar session.
- During the webinar, the ATTENDEES are not allowed to advertise any business competitive with the business of Powermax (seminars / webinars / events) or its sister company AGFI or Advertising and Gaming Fabrication, Inc. (signages, kiosks, podiums, gaming modules like tambiolo, roleta, pachinko; sticker and tarpaulin printing; and laser cutting)
- We want everyone to enjoy the webinar. However, we reserve the right to remove participants who are unruly or disruptive (e.g., repeatedly making noise, spamming the chat, recording the webinar, etc.) and no refund will be made.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!
₱1,699.00 + VAT
Modern Procurement and Supply Management
₱1,699.00 + VAT