Finance for Non-Financial Professionals
₱1,599.00 + VAT
Featured Speaker: Ms. Sonia E. De Guzman, CPA
Master in Management – Asian Institute of Management
December 1, 2021
1:30pm – 4:30pm
Regular Rate Php 1,599.00 + VAT starting November 25, 2021
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until November 24, 2021
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 – 14 pax
Super Group Rate Php 1,099.00 + VAT per pax for 15 or more pax
Inclusive of the Webinar Session and the Digital Certificate
Finance for Non-Financial Professionals
Every business runs on financial data. If you do not know the tools of finance, you can’t put that information to work. If you can’t speak the language of business, you’ll be left out of the larger conversation about your company and your career may suffer as a result.
Do you know the difference between an income statement and a balance sheet or between profit and a positive cash flow? What if you can’t define inventory days or days sales outstanding and you do not know how to use those numbers to improve financial performance? If someone asks you to prepare a return on investment (ROI) analysis, do you get a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach because you do not have any idea where to begin?
This webinar offers the attendees the basic of finance that:
- Will provide the tools to understand the language of finance and make you comfortable speaking the language at the non-technical level.
- Make you understand what the accountants do and why, but not to do accounting and learn to do debits and credits, but how you can intelligently use the resulting information to make better decisions to improve your business or unit’s performance.
In summary, after the webinar you can speak the language, decide with data and manage profitably!
Session 1 – Understanding Financial Information and the Fundamental Laws of Business
1.(A) The Key Financial Statements
This session will discuss the financial reports that a company produces. These include:
- The Balance Sheet
- The Income Statement
- The Statement of Cash Flows
Each statement is described item by item. The discussion explains where the numbers belong
and what they mean. The entire structure of each statement is described for the participants to understand how the financials interrelate and what information they convey.
1.(B) The fundamental laws of business
The three fundamental laws will be explained that will make the participants a few financial measures coupled with an enterprise-wide perspective that can help them get a grip on any business, regardless of its size and location.
Session 2 – Critical Performance Factors (CPFs): Finding the “Hidden” Information
This will deal on how to read financial statements, understanding on how they are prepared and what they mean. This will describe management tools that help participants to use the information in the financial statements to analyze the company’s performance.
- What are CPFs?
- Measures of Financial Condition and Net Worth
- Measures of profitability
- Measures of financial leverage
- Measures of productivity
- Trend reporting: Using history to predict the future
Session 3 – Decision Making for Improved Profitability
This session will describe a number of tools that can help a non-finance professional with decision making. It introduces break even analysis, which can be used to evaluate individual products and the product mix. It will also cover return on investment decision making.
- Break even analysis (fixed cost svs variable costs)
- Internal rate of return
- Net Present Value
- Profitability index
- Capital Expenditure Decisions
Section 4 – Additional Financial Information
This section describes in considerable details some additional financial information that will benefit the businessperson or non-financial managers. It includes discussion of the planning process and the budget, and why they are so important. It also covers ways of financing the business. While it is not a direct responsibility of most managers, knowledge of debt and equity markets and sources of financing is very useful.
- Understanding the Debt vs Equity options
- Some Guidance on Borrowing Money
- A Guide to Better Budget
- Preparation of the budget
RESOURCE SPEAKER – Ms. Sonia E. De Guzman, CPA
- Sonia E. de Guzman has more than forty years of experience in the areas of controllership, financial management, audit, credit and collection, project evaluation and administration, and consulting.
- A CPA and a graduate of the Master in Management from the Asian Institute of Management, and BSBA, major in accounting from UE Manila, Cum Laude
- Topnotcher, National Examination by SEC.
- An active member of the Philippine Marketing Association, she has been elected three times by her colleagues to its board occupying the positions of internal auditor, treasurer, and vice-president for education, during her six years stint as director.
- She is a consultant to various local and had the opportunity to be part of the consulting team that did evaluation for international companies
- A believer in education as one of the solutions to poverty alleviation, she teaches entrepreneurship at the University of Asia and the Pacific; She is likewise a seminar speaker in areas of her expertise, nationwide.
- Among her professional experiences and short-term consultancies are: President – Structureflex Builders, Vice President – Finance and Administration, O.V. Roy Construction, Inc., Technical adviser/resource person at Australian Agency for International Development, Development Academy of the Philippines, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and Asian Development Bank.
- An entrepreneur herself, she owns and manages two companies: Gail Cargo Movers, and S. E. de Guzman Ship Chandler and General Maritime Services.
We can conduct in-house training for the above program, Finance for Non-Financial Professionals, for your company to make it more customized to your requirements. Likewise, we can run other programs on Accounting.
In the same vein, with our battery of seasoned Filipino trainers or speakers, training consultants and facilitators, we can conduct other employee development programs for your people configured to your preferences:
HUMAN RESOURCE or HR
- Basic and Advanced HR
- Recruitment or Talent Selection
- Training or Learning and Development
- Job Evaluation
- Employee Compensation and Benefits
- Labor Law 101
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Company Policy
- Employee Discipline
- Administrative Hearing
- Job Contracting
- Basic Taxation
- All About VAT
- Withholding Taxes
- Tax Assessment
- Percentage Tax
- Legal Strategies to Reduce Tax
- Handling B.I.R. Audit
- Employee Benefits Tax
- Basic Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Strengthening Your Accounting Systems
- Internal Control
- Accounting for Non-Accountants
- Finance for Non-Financial Professionals
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to Materials Management
- Warehouse Management
- Inventory Planning and Control
- Modern Procurement
- Supply Management
LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT OR SUPERVISION
- Basic Leadership and Management Excellence
- Supervisory Leadership Development
- Developing Your Managerial Leadership
- How to Bring Out the Best in People
- Awaken the Sales Champion in You
- Professional Selling
- How to Handle Objections
- 39 Ways to Close More Sales
- Customer Service
- Telephone and Email Etiquette
- Top Techniques to improve Collection
- Work Attitude and Values Enhancement
POWERMAX WEBINARS. As a leading online corporate training provider in Manila, Philippines, Powermax currently offers live webinars which are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site –www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
LIMITED SLOTS. Limited slots are available. To avoid last-minute delays and inconveniences, we advise you to please register at the latest two days or one day before the webinar event.
REGISTRATION. You must register or be registered by someone else to be able to join our webinars. Webinar access links are strictly sent through email therefore make sure you indicate the right email addresses for the participants. Please indicate how many participants you wish to include before hitting the REGISTER NOW button.
CHECK OUT. When you go to the Checkout Page, double-check the number of participants you have to register, if you change your mind or wish to make last-minute adjustments, do not forget to update your cart by clicking the UPDATE CART button. Once everything is final, you may now click the PROCEED TO CHECK OUT button.
BILLING DETAILS AND THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS. On the upper portion, you have to enter your details (esp. your email address) as the one paying for the registration. Underneath, you have to enter the details (esp. the email addresses) of the participants you wish to join the webinar.
POWERMAX provides three (3) payment options:
(1) Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer
(3) PayPal/Credit or Debit Card Through PayPal
Bank Deposit or Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash
If you choose Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer or G-Cash, you have to send the proof of payment to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Proof of payment must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to send the proof of payment to email@example.com means the participants will not receive the webinar links even if the proof of payment is sent to other contact details of Powermax or its representatives (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Viber, other email addresses, etc.).
Payment Through PayPal
If you choose to pay for your registration using PayPal you may do so. Please take note that PayPal also accepts Debit Cards and Credit Cards bearing the VISA and Mastercard logo. Unlike the Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, the PayPal process automatically updates our system to issue the participants their access to our webinars.
WEBINAR ACCESS LINKS. Once payment is made and verified, we can activate the spot on the webinar then we can send the webinar access links to the email addresses of the participants – this only goes with Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash. However, for payments made using PayPal, the activation process is automatic. Note that your webinar access link cannot be shared with anyone else. If you cannot attend on the date and time of the webinar kindly advise us at the latest one day ahead.
POWER WEBINARS. Powermax live webinars are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site – www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Definition of Terms
- REGISTRANT – The person who has registered himself or other people for a webinar of Powermax
- ENROLLEE(S) – The person(s) registered by the REGISTRANT
- PAID REGISTRANT – The registrant who has paid in full for the registration of the ENROLLEE(S)
- ATTENDEE(S) – The enrollee(s) who has / have actually attended the webinar
- The Official Receipts will be made available for pick up at the office of
Powermax Consulting Group. If you need a soft copy, we can take a picture of it and send you a copy online. However, if you want the physical copy delivered to your office, you can arrange with and pay for a local courier service like Lalamove or Grab Express.
- Sharing of the presentation materials depends on the webinar speaker.
(a) Some speakers willingly share their materials while others don’t.
(b) For the speakers who are willing to share their presentation materials
- Some prefer that the materials be sent in advance while others prefer that they be sent after the webinar
- Some prefer that the handouts to be given to the attendees are different from the PowerPoint files that they use and will not share the PPT files
Powermax cannot guarantee that the presentation materials of each webinar will be shared, or shared in advance, or will be the same as the PPT file of the speaker.
- By joining the webinar of Powermax, you consent to interviews, photography, audio recording, video recording and its / their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on web sites, or for any other purpose(s) that Powermax, its vendors, partners, affiliates and/or representatives deems fit to use. You release Powermax, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings.Any form of video, image or audio recording during the webinar is not allowed unless with the express permission of the speaker and the management of Powermax Consulting Group.
- By entering the event premises (conference venue or Zoom meeting platform), you waive all rights to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken.
- Any form of video, image or audio recording during the webinar is not allowed unless with the express permission of the speaker and the management of Powermax Consulting Group.
- Your registration fee entitles your enrollee(s) to a slot in a webinar you have paid for but no record of the video of the webinar will be shared.
- If an enrollee fails to join the webinar because Powermax fails to give the webinar link, the payment of his / her REGISTRANT will be refunded in full or if the REGISTRANT prefers, the payment will be rolled over to other webinars of his / her choice.
- If an enrollee advises Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar that he / she cannot attend it, the payment for that slot will be rolled over to another webinar. But if he / she avails of the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials), the payment cannot be rolled over to another webinar.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar and also fails to advise Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar, the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials) will be given to him / her but there will be no option for rollover.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar because of a technical glitch on his / her device but other enrollees manage to join the said webinar, there will be no liability on the part of Powermax unless it can be established that there is a clear fault by a representative of Powermax.
- Certificates will be given to the ATTENDEES only.
- Questions or clarifications about the subject matter of a webinar can only be entertained by the speakers during the holding of the webinar. After the webinar, the speaker cannot be obliged to answer them though email, Facebook chat or some other means.
- Unless asked by the speaker or the host to talk, the attendees should not unmute their microphone to avoid distracting the session. Anyone who persists in unmuting his / her audio, despite the reminder or warning, will be removed from the webinar session.
- During the webinar, the ATTENDEES are not allowed to advertise any business competitive with the business of Powermax (seminars / webinars / events) or its sister company AGFI or Advertising and Gaming Fabrication, Inc. (signages, kiosks, podiums, gaming modules like tambiolo, roleta, pachinko; sticker and tarpaulin printing; and laser cutting)
- We want everyone to enjoy the webinar. However, we reserve the right to remove participants who are unruly or disruptive (e.g., keeps making noise, spamming the chat, etc.) and no refund will be made.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!
₱1,599.00 + VAT
Finance for Non-Financial Professionals
₱1,599.00 + VAT