ALL ABOUT VAT ESSENTIALS
ALL ABOUT VAT ESSENTIALS
by Ms. Rhodora Icaranom
October 13, 2020
1:30pm – 4:30pm
Regular Rate Php 1,499.00 + VAT starting October 7, 2020
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until October 6, 2020
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 or more pax
Inclusive of the Webinar Session, the presentation materials and the Digital Certificate
Value Added Tax is a system of taxation adopted by the government to capture transactions of taxpayers as goods and services are transferred which ends at the ultimate consumers. The manner of accounting is simplified to seller being subject to output tax and the buyer or purchaser engaged in business is to avail of the input tax. In the process of implementation, certain transactions have been subject to exemptions, zero rate, gradual or allocated claim for input tax, modification of VAT zero rating availment processes, limitation of input tax availment, strict invoicing requirements, rigid documentation for refunds and returns compliance including information returns.
This topic covers the VAT system that a taxpayer should know especially in the areas of exemption, compliance and zero rating particularly with the PEZA entities.
A timely webinar is here to discuss the latest regulations, memorandum order and circulars covering the relevant information you have to learn to be safe from untoward tax deficiencies when subjected to a VAT audit.
At the end of the day, it is what you know that keeps you away from the harm of getting caught for non-compliance. Your knowledge of the latest tax developments shall confidently prepare you for any incidence of VAT audit.
What is VAT really about?
Nature of VAT
VAT as a Tax
II. Rates of VAT in the Philippines
Zero Percent 0%
Twelve Percent 12%
(Five Percent 5%)
Who are really EXEMPT from VAT?
III. Transactions Subject to VAT
Sale of Goods or Properties
Importation of Goods
Sale of Services and Use or Lease of Properties
IV. Transactions Subject to 0% VAT
Cross Border Doctrine
Export Sales Threshold
Registered Enterprises within a separate Customs Territory
Registered Enterprises within a TIEZA
Entities of Foreign Mission/Diplomatic Missions
a) Automatic Zero Rating
b) Reimbursement/Refund Process
c) Vat Exemption Certificate/Vat Identification Card
V. Zero Rating for Horizontal and Vertical Economic Zone Areas
- Vatable sales to Horizontal Ecozone
- Vatable Supplier Sales within Ecozone
- Exempt Sale to Trade Partners
Customs Territory Vatable Sales to Vertical Ecozone and Zero Rating to Exports
VI. Application for Refund of VAT
Procedures of Refund
90-day commitment period of Refund
Resident Foreign Diplomatic Missions (based on Tax-Treaty)
VII. Exempt from VAT Transactions and Services
Personal Household Effects
Educational Services (DepED/CHED/TESDA)
Medical drugs for Diabetes and Hypertension
Resident Foreign Diplomatic Missions (based on Tax Treaty)
Regional Headquarters/Regional Operating Headquarters
Lease of Residential Units
Sale of Residential Dwellings (Low-Cost & Socialized Housing)
VIII. Creditable Input Taxes
Sources of Input VAT
Extent of Amortization of P1M worth of Capital Goods to 60 months
Limitation of Input VAT to vehicle purchase of up to P2.4M
Treatment of Input tax for CONSRUCTION IN PROGRESS (CIP)
Government Money Payments: EWT or FWT?
IX. BIR VAT Audit Approach
Structure of BIR VAT Audit Offices (Separate Letter of Authority)
Compliance to Invoicing Requirements
Verification of VAT Information Returns Submissions
Grounds for Oplan Kandado/Suspension of Business Operations
X. Compliance Requirements
Minimum Purchase to issue OR/Invoice
Non-revocation of registration for 3 yrs/perpetual VAT registration
Return and Payment of Tax
Resource Speaker – MS. RHODORA ICARANOM
- Ms. Rhodora G. Icaranom is the former Revenue District Officer(RDO) of the Bureau of Internal Revenue. Her tax experience was mostly spent in the Financial District Makati where she was assigned as Asst. Revenue District Officer for almost nine years. She had a one-year stint in the Large Taxpayers’ Division as Head of the Banks and Financial Intermediaries.
- In her career with the tax authority she received a distinguished award on the nationwide BIR search for Outstanding Group Supervisor-Centennial Year during the BIR’s Centennial Celebration in 2004 for her consistent exemplary performance in Audit and Tax Collection being the Head of the Special Task Force in Manila Region. As a member of the BIR Pool of Speakers, she was a regular lecturer of BIR in various tax topics usually focused on updates. At the same time, she is an accredited PICPA speaker in the PICPA National office and various regions for the last two decades. She is also a former professor of Accounting at the De La Salle University.
- During her years of tax service in the government, she attended various trainings held by BIR, some of which were sponsored by Germany, Japan, US and by the big Auditing Firms. In November 2012, she was sent to a month-long training and conference for International Taxation on a Senior Executive Program in Tokyo, Japan sponsored by JICA. Subsequently in October 2015, she also represented BIR for the International Taxation on Financial Instruments in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia sponsored by Malaysian Internal Revenue Authority and International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation IBFD of London.
LIMITED SLOTS. Limited slots are available. To avoid last-minute delays and inconveniences, we advise you to please register at the latest two days or one day before the webinar event.
REGISTRATION. You must register or be registered by someone else to be able to join our webinars. Webinar access links are strictly sent through email therefore make sure you indicate the right email addresses for the participants. Please indicate how many participants you wish to include before hitting the REGISTER NOW button.
CHECK OUT. When you go to the Checkout Page, double-check the number of participants you have to register, if you change your mind or wish to make last-minute adjustments, do not forget to update your cart by clicking the UPDATE CART button. Once everything is final, you may now click the PROCEED TO CHECK OUT button.
BILLING DETAILS AND THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS. On the upper portion, you have to enter your details (esp. your email address) as the one paying for the registration. Underneath, you have to enter the details (esp. the email addresses) of the participants you wish to join the webinar.
POWERMAX provides three (3) payment options:
(1) Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer
(2) PayPal/Credit or Debit Card Through PayPal
(3) Over The Counter (7 Eleven, Cebuana, etc.)
Bank Deposit or Online Bank Transfer
If you choose Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, you have to send the proof of payment to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Proof of payment must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to send the proof of payment to email@example.com means the participants will not receive the webinar links even if the proof of payment is sent to other contact details of Powermax or its representatives (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Viber, other email addresses, etc.).
Payment Through PayPal
If you choose to pay for your registration using PayPal you may do so. Please take note that PayPal also accepts Debit Cards and Credit Cards bearing the VISA and Mastercard logo. Unlike the Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, the PayPal process automatically updates our system to issue the participants their access to our webinars.
Payment Through Over The Counter (OTC)
You may also pay us through various OTC Over The Counter payment channels:
- 7 Eleven
- Bayad Center
- Cebuana Lhuillier
- Palawan pawnshop
- RD Pawnshop
If you Checkout using a particular Over The Counter payment channel, our system will send a barcode to your registered email. You can take this barcode, show, and pay over the counter. Please note that if you generate a barcode through 7 Eleven you must pay only through any 7 Eleven branch. When payment is made, proof of payment is sent to your email for payment reference.
WEBINAR ACCESS LINKS. Once payment is made and verified, we can activate the spot on the webinar then we can send the webinar access links to the email addresses of the participants – this only goes with Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer. However, for payments made using PayPal and OTC, the activation process is automatic. Note that your webinar access link cannot be shared with anyone else. If you cannot attend on the date and time of the webinar kindly advise us at the latest one day ahead.
POWER WEBINARS. Powermax live webinars are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site – www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!
₱1,499.00 + VAT
ALL ABOUT VAT ESSENTIALS
₱1,499.00 + VAT