HOW TO REDUCE ADMIN COSTS IN THE NEW NORMAL
by Dr. Enrico C. Mina
October 14, 2020
9:00am – 12:00nn
Regular Rate Php 1,499.00 + VAT starting October 8, 2020
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until October 7, 2020
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 or more pax
Inclusive of the Webinar Session, the presentation materials and the Digital Certificate
Administrative expenses, also called office-related expenses, are often regarded as necessary evils. Businesses cannot do without them but cannot see how they can directly contribute to productivity, competitiveness, and profitability.
This is a course on how to control and reduce administrative costs without disrupting operations, while at the same time improving office productivity and contributing to the organization’s mission.
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
1. Explain that all administrative or office work, just like manufacturing and service operations, are performed through processes with six interrelated elements, and that a failure in any causes mistakes, high costs, and delays.
2. Learn the concept of “muda” or waste and how it applies to an office environment.
3. Learn specific techniques, adapted from manufacturing and service operations, for improving office productivity and efficiency.
A. Introduction and learning outcomes
B. The primary purpose of a business
C. Customer goals
D. Process and results; process elements
1. Personnel (man)
E. The process system and cause-and-effect relationships
F. Process muda (waste)
7. Producing failures
G. Muda reduction or elimination increases productivity and reduces cost
H. Cost of quality
1. Cost of prevention
2. Cost of appraisal
3. Cost of non-conformance
- Internal failure cost
- External failure cost
4. What should happen
I. Identifying and eliminating muda using flowcharting
J. Specific techniques
1. 5S Housekeeping
2. Simplification of procedures and processes
3. Combining tasks and training people to be multi-skilled
5. Improvement of office layout
6. Visual management
7. Forms reproduction
8. Monitoring and controlling the consumption of office supplies
9. Preventive maintenance for all vehicles and office equipment
10. Procurement of office supplies and equipment spare parts
11. Reduction of reports
12. Reduction of required signatures
13. Emails and paperless technology
14. Videoconferencing instead of physical travel and transportation
15. Reducing layers of supervision
16. Allowing employees to work online from home
17. Reducing the Cost of Corporate Real Estate
18. Fixing water leaks
19. Reduction of electrical consumption
20. Set a comfortable working environment
21. Control cash disbursements
22. Control telephone usage
23. Trip scheduling for company vehicles
24. Motorcycles vs. four-wheeled vehicles
25. Identification of high-priority reduction targets
K. Application workshop: budgeting admin cost reductions for the coming year
Duration and Venue
This course is held online using Zoom over three hours (9:00 AM to 12:00 NN)
The course is conducted by Dr. Enrico C. Mina, an experienced manager and consultant who is at the same time a faculty member at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business teaching courses in economics, basic management, and operations management. His CV is attached.
The participants should include managers, supervisors, and office staff.
Speaker – DR. ENRICO MINA, DBA
- Dr. Enrico C. Mina is an Associate Professor of the Ateneo de Manila University Graduate School of Business, who teaches various economics and business management courses. He has had 27 years of teaching experience, the bulk of which was at the post-graduate level at the AGSB. Dr. Mina returned three years ago from a three-year teaching engagement as Senior Lecturer at the Department of Business Studies of the Papua New Guinea University of Technology at Lae City, Morobe Province, Papua New Guinea. While there, he taught courses in basic economics and management and acted as the Director of the Executive MBA Program, which he helped conceptualize and design and in which he taught six courses.
- Dr. Mina also has extensive experience in the business world as manager, consultant, and trainer, particularly in the areas of Total Quality Management and kaizen (continuous improvement), operations and supply chain management, and strategic management.
- Dr. Mina is a faculty member as well at the Ateneo School of Government, teaching Applied Economics in the Public Sector. At the same time, he teaches MBA courses at the Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health, whose curriculum seamlessly integrates medical science and management.
- He has written and published several research papers and original cases. While at PNG University of Technology, he wrote a textbook entitled Introduction to Economics for use by the university’s Department of Open and Distance Learning’s Adult Matriculation Program. He has also been the adviser of the Governance Innovation Report (equivalent to a masteral thesis) of 24 students at the Ateneo School of Government.
- Dr. Mina obtained his Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree from De La Salle University-Manila in 2011, his MBA from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business in 1979, and two undergraduate degrees (AB major in Economics and BSBA major in Management, Summa cum Laude) from De La Salle University-Manila in 1973.
LIMITED SLOTS. Limited slots are available. To avoid last-minute delays and inconveniences, we advise you to please register at the latest two days or one day before the webinar event.
REGISTRATION. You must register or be registered by someone else to be able to join our webinars. Webinar access links are strictly sent through email therefore make sure you indicate the right email addresses for the participants. Please indicate how many participants you wish to include before hitting the REGISTER NOW button.
CHECK OUT. When you go to the Checkout Page, double-check the number of participants you have to register, if you change your mind or wish to make last-minute adjustments, do not forget to update your cart by clicking the UPDATE CART button. Once everything is final, you may now click the PROCEED TO CHECK OUT button.
BILLING DETAILS AND THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS. On the upper portion, you have to enter your details (esp. your email address) as the one paying for the registration. Underneath, you have to enter the details (esp. the email addresses) of the participants you wish to join the webinar.
POWERMAX provides three (3) payment options:
(1) Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer
(2) PayPal/Credit or Debit Card Through PayPal
(3) Over The Counter (7 Eleven, Cebuana, etc.)
Bank Deposit or Online Bank Transfer
If you choose Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, you have to send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Proof of payment must be sent to email@example.com. Failure to send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org means the participants will not receive the webinar links even if the proof of payment is sent to other contact details of Powermax or its representatives (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Viber, other email addresses, etc.).
Payment Through PayPal
If you choose to pay for your registration using PayPal you may do so. Please take note that PayPal also accepts Debit Cards and Credit Cards bearing the VISA and Mastercard logo. Unlike the Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, the PayPal process automatically updates our system to issue the participants their access to our webinars.
Payment Through Over The Counter (OTC)
You may also pay us through various OTC Over The Counter payment channels:
- 7 Eleven
- Bayad Center
- Cebuana Lhuillier
- Palawan pawnshop
- RD Pawnshop
If you Checkout using a particular Over The Counter payment channel, our system will send a barcode to your registered email. You can take this barcode, show, and pay over the counter. Please note that if you generate a barcode through 7 Eleven you must pay only through any 7 Eleven branch. When payment is made, proof of payment is sent to your email for payment reference.
WEBINAR ACCESS LINKS. Once payment is made and verified, we can activate the spot on the webinar then we can send the webinar access links to the email addresses of the participants – this only goes with Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer. However, for payments made using PayPal and OTC, the activation process is automatic. Note that your webinar access link cannot be shared with anyone else. If you cannot attend on the date and time of the webinar kindly advise us at the latest one day ahead.
POWER WEBINARS. Powermax live webinars are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site – www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!