POST COVID POLICIES ON LABOR RELATIONS AND SECURITY OF TENURE
May 20 | 2:00pm – 3:30pm
On this live webinar, Atty. Josephus Jimenez, former Undersecretary of Department of Labor and Employment, and 2o14 President of People Management Association of the Philippines, will discuss and explain issues related to the immensely important topic “Post COVID Policies On Labor Relations and Security of Tenure”
- Different Times, Different Ways
- The New Normal: Flexibility
- The Spirit of The Law, Not The Letter of The Law
- The Call For Creativity and Innovations
B. LABOR RELATIONS LAWS
- More Negotiations and Fewer Arbitrations,
- More Voluntary Than Compulsory Arbitration,
- Strengthening of Internal Dispute Settlements,
- EDGE: Employee Discipline For Global Excellence,
- Grievance Management Reinforced and Enhanced,
- Labor-Management Councils Given Impetus,
- Fewer Unions, Less CBAs, Less ULPs, No Strikes,
- HR and Line Management Should Work and Study Together
C. SECURITY OF TENURE
More Flexible Work Arrangements,
- Just Causes Clarified:
14.1) Serious Misconduct,
14.3) Fraud and LOTAC (Loss of Trust & Confidence)
14.4) GAHNOD (Gross & Habitual Neglect of Duty)
14.5) Crimes and Offenses Punishable By Law,
14.6) Analogous Cases.
- AUTHORIZED CAUSES:
15.3) Installation Of Labor-Saving Devices,
15.4) Closures and Bankruptcies,
15.5) Mergers and Consolidations,
15.6) Sale of the whole Company,
15.7) Change of Management.
- DUE- PROCESS ( Both In Just and Authorized Causes)
16.1) Written Notice of Specific Charge,
16.2) Opportunity To Be Heard: Investigation,
16.3) Written Notice of The Decision.
- Cases of ILLEGAL DISMISSAL
17.1) Labor Arbiter,
17.2) N L R C
17.3) Court of Appeals,
17.4) Supreme Court.
- Reinstatement, Backwages, Separation Pay, Moral Damages, Exemplary Damages, Legal Interests, Attorneys Fees.
- Improve the HR Documents
- Improve the HR Department.
D. QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
ATTY. JOSEPHUS JIMENEZ
- Former Undersecretary of Department of Labor and Employment
- 2014 President of People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP)
- 15 years of successful government service and 20 productive years in the business sector:
- 12 years in San Miguel Corporation, 3 years in Petron/PNOC and 5 years in Pepsi Cola
- He has been a professor of Law and Humanities in various universities with a total academic experience of more than 30 years
- He has had successful stints as Labor Attache in Taichung, Taiwan, in Malaysia and in Kuwait
- He is an experienced labor relations lawyer with various training exposures here and in New York, San Francisco, Singapore, Geneva, Beijing, Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Taiwan, Bahrain, Dubai and Honolulu, Hawaii.
- He has been recognized as a FELLOW in Personnel Management, a rare honor given only to the top 5% of the country’s HR Professionals
- An author (of several books), a newspaper columnist, a Bar Reviewer, etc.
- He graduated from the College of Law Magna Cum Laude and Class Valedictorian
- At the University of the Philippines where he was an MM (Masters in Management) full scholar, he was conferred by then UP President O.D. Corpuz, a Certificate of Merit for Academic Excellence.
- Born in Argao, Cebu
Limited slots are available. Hurry! Join us now.
Powermax live webinars are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology.
It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills.
Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site – powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
You must register in order to be able to join. Likewise, you will be asked to Check Out. Afterward, you will receive a confirmation email containing the information about joining the live webinar.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!