BACKGROUND OF THE TRAINING
Certified Public Accountants (“CPA”), including accountants and bookkeepers, should know the importance of existing BIR revenue issuances in preparing the company’s tax returns. Any mistake committed in preparing tax returns may entail additional cost such as surcharge, interest and compromise penalties. Thus, a taxation module has been developed to address the CPAs’ concerns.
Further, to be an effective tax agent and practitioner, CPAs must know appropriate tax planning to reduce tax payments legally (known as tax avoidance) and must be aware with current techniques used by the BIR revenue officers in the audit and examination of taxpayers.
The BIR has issued numerous revenue regulations and revenue memorandum circulars that are relevant to the aforementioned topics hence; there is a need for this seminar.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING
After the seminar, the participants should be able to:
1.Determine the reconciling items between Financial Accounting and Tax Accounting;
2.Identify the specific BIR rules and regulations in preparing tax returns at yearend;
3.Know the current techniques used by BIR in tax audit and investigation;
4.Familiarize with tax remedies and tax management of taxes.
I. Reconciliation between Financial Accounting and Tax Accounting
II. Yearend Adjustments
III. Deferred Tax Assets
VI. Tax Refund / Tax Credit Certificate
Mr. Arnold Apdua, CPA
• Fifteen (15) years of meaningful experience in tax practice
Former Revenue District Officer (RDO) Bureau of Internal Revenue
Tax Lawyer - Quasha Ancheta Peña Nolasco Law Office
• Seven (7) years as Revenue Officer of the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and eight (8) years as individual practitioner.
• Tax lawyer of Quasha Ancheta Peña Nolasco Law Office.
• Managing Partner of AAA and Co., CPAs
• Professional career as an associate auditor of Sycip Gorres Velayo and Co. (SGV & Co.) in 2004
• BIR as Revenue Officer where he performed tax audit and investigations including regular and special tax investigations
• BIR Special Task Force such as drafting the BIR Industry Audit Manual and tax compliance audit of government agencies.
• Several commendations from the BIR including consistent Top Revenue Collector in BIR Mandaluyong from 2009 to 2011
• Noted expertise in handling transactional taxes
Policies on Registration
1. To Avail of the EARLY BRID DISCOUNT, payment should be made no more than five (5) days adter registration.
2. For the seminar fee to be refunded, cancellation should be made not less than four (4) days before the date of the workshop.
3. Certificates will be given only to those who have actually attended the seminar. Those who register and pay but will not attend the workshop will be given handouts but not certificates.
4. Powermax Consulting Group will take video footage and/or photos of the seminar which may or may not include your recognizable image. By participating in this event, you consent to your voice, name, image, and/or likeness being used without compensation, in any form or medium, as part of the recording of the event and for any other commercial purposes (including in advertising and promotional materials)
5. The materials for this seminar are protected. Any form of audio, video or image recording of the seminar or PowerPoint slides used by the speaker is strictly prohibited.
6. Only the handouts will be given by the speaker. He / she is not obliged to provide a copy of other training materials like the Powerpoint file.
7. Companies / Organizations / Individuals with business(es) competitive with the businesses of Powermax Consulting Group (i.e., seminars, training, consultancy, and the like) are not allowed to register unless with written consent by the management of Powermax. Full disclosure of business line in registration is required. If anyone registers without full disclosure, and it is discovered that his business or one of his businesses is competitive with that of Powermax, his registration will be forfeited.
8. The management of Powermax reserves the right to refuse entry or evict any person who breaches these terms and conditions or deemed to be intoxicated or disorderly or under the influence of drugs.
9. The management of Powermax reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the event because of unforeseen circumstances, fortuitous events, or any other unfavorable situations or conditions.
10. If the seminar is cancelled because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances or force majeure, Powermax will either refund the seminar fees paid by the participants / participating companies (but not the incidental costs such as transportation, plane tickets, hotel accommodation, per diem, and the like) or roll over the payment for other seminars of Powermax (provided that the seminar fee is the same or the difference will be rectified) depending on the preference of the participants / participating companies.
11. Upon reservation, your seat(s) will be reserved but there will be no seating arrangement. Preferred seats will be on a first-come first-served basis.