Stepback Leadership talks about the lost leadership art of the Filipinos. It is based on the cultural archeological work on Ifugao Rice Terraces that was published in the book, Stepback: The Lost Art of Filipino Leadership. Stepback is the practice of putting the people at the center of leadership
More than 2,000 years ago, our Filipino ancestors built the rice terraces out of the Cordillera Mountains in northern Philippines using a unique form of leadership. All other Wonders of the Ancient World were believed to have been built by either salaried skilled workers or slaves. But, the Ifugao Rice Terraces standout for two intriguing reasons: One, because they were constructed by freemen. Two, no single leader was ever identified for its creation. And to make it even more interesting: It’s the only remaining functional ancient structure that exists today.
Stepback Leadership compact course gives you an insight about the lost art of leading and managing in the Philippines, where we put the people, not the leader, at the center of leadership. It is our precolonial treasure that was buried and forgotten for hundreds of years.
The goal of the the program is to rediscover our greatness, reclaim our original identity, and learn about our ancient leadership philosophy and management systems—which we have lost due to a series of invasion.
WHAT THE CHALLENGES ARE
- The main cause of most leadership crises today
- The kind of leadership that breaks the people and the organization
- The common errors our leaders unconsciously make
WHAT WE CAN USE
- The leadership philosophy and management practices that the Filipino ancestors used to build the 2,000-year-old terraces
- The leadership identity and root of Filipino greatness
- PLG Leadership Model
- The Steps Leadership Process
- The application of ancient leadership wisdom in today’s modern business landscape
People + Goal – Leader = No Direction
People + Leader – Goal = No Destination
Leader + Goal – People = No Function
So: The only reason you are called a leader is the people.
Therefore: Put the people at the center of leadership.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Business Leaders and Company Executives, including Expats
- Department Heads, esp. those in Human Resource
- Middle Managers
Mr. Lloyd Abria Luna, RSP FounderPhilippine Association of Professional SpeakersThe CEO of Stepback, a leadership development and culture transformation company that helps leaders and organizations see the bigger picture. He was the first Filipino to represent the Philippines in the Global Speakers Summit, the first to speak in a French and European Speakers Convention, and the first to become member of the board of Global Speakers Federation. He has been an Asian motivational speaker for 15 years, delivering an average of 120 speeches annually. Lloyd has authored 16 books. He is the founder of the Philippine Association of Professional Speakers.
Policies on Registration
1. To Avail of the EARLY BRID DISCOUNT, payment should be made no more than five (5) days adter registration.
2. For the seminar fee to be refunded, cancellation should be made not less than four (4) days before the date of the workshop.
3. Certificates will be given only to those who have actually attended the seminar. Those who register and pay but will not attend the workshop will be given handouts but not certificates.
4. Powermax Consulting Group will take video footage and/or photos of the seminar which may or may not include your recognizable image. By participating in this event, you consent to your voice, name, image, and/or likeness being used without compensation, in any form or medium, as part of the recording of the event and for any other commercial purposes (including in advertising and promotional materials)
5. The materials for this seminar are protected. Any form of audio, video or image recording of the seminar or PowerPoint slides used by the speaker is strictly prohibited.
6. Only the handouts will be given by the speaker. He / she is not obliged to provide a copy of other training materials like the Powerpoint file.
7. Companies / Organizations / Individuals with business(es) competitive with the businesses of Powermax Consulting Group (i.e., seminars, training, consultancy, and the like) are not allowed to register unless with written consent by the management of Powermax. Full disclosure of business line in registration is required. If anyone registers without full disclosure, and it is discovered that his business or one of his businesses is competitive with that of Powermax, his registration will be forfeited.
8. The management of Powermax reserves the right to refuse entry or evict any person who breaches these terms and conditions or deemed to be intoxicated or disorderly or under the influence of drugs.
9. The management of Powermax reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the event because of unforeseen circumstances, fortuitous events, or any other unfavorable situations or conditions.
10. If the seminar is cancelled because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances or force majeure, Powermax will either refund the seminar fees paid by the participants / participating companies (but not the incidental costs such as transportation, plane tickets, hotel accommodation, per diem, and the like) or roll over the payment for other seminars of Powermax (provided that the seminar fee is the same or the difference will be rectified) depending on the preference of the participants / participating companies.
11. Upon reservation, your seat(s) will be reserved but there will be no seating arrangement. Preferred seats will be on a first-come first-served basis.