Selection interview, if properly done, has a very high predictive power to determine the fitness or otherwise of a job applicant. This course would introduce to the participants the theoretical as well as the practical aspects of selection interviewing either for hiring or promotion purposes. Thus, anyone (Top Management, HR, and Line Management) who are involved in people selection would benefit from this highly interactive course.
At the end of the seminar, the participants would be able to properly use interview as employee selection technique. Specifically, they would be able to:
1. Relate Employee Selection to the Strategic Intent of the Organization;
2. Design & Implement Pre-Interview Activities;
3. Conduct Successful Interview Selection Sessions; and
4. Conceptualize and Execute Post-Interview Activities.
Module 1: Strategic Recruitment & Selection Process
Module 2: Interviewing as a Section Tool in Perspective
Module 3: Traditional Interviewing versus Modern Interviewing
Module 4: Conducting Job Analysis and Formulation of Job Descriptions
Module 5: Job Specifications & Job Competencies
Module 6: Types and Structures of Selection Interviews
Module 7: Developing Sound Questions and Interview Guide
Module 8: Critical Phases in Successful Interviews
Module 9: The Human Relations Aspect of Interviewing
Module 10: Documentation and Rating
Module 11: More and More Techniques in Interviewing
Module 12: Legal and Ethical Issues in Interviewing
Module 13: Best Practices in Selection Interviewing
Dr. Virgel C. Binghay Professor & Director Center for Industry Productivity and Competitiveness University of the Philippines (U.P. SOLAIR)Professor & Coordinator - Graduate Studies Program, School of Labor and Industrial Relations, University of the Philippines (UPSOLAIR)International lecturer (Australia, Canada, Japan, Germany, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.) Editor of the “Philippine Journal of Labor and Industrial Relations” Expert in corporate planning, organization development, human resource management, industrial relations and quality management. Accredited Voluntary Arbitrator of the Department of Labor & Employment Former Director, Center for Industry Productivity & Competitivenes
Policies on Registration
1. To Avail of the EARLY BRID DISCOUNT, payment should be made no more than five (5) days adter registration.
2. For the seminar fee to be refunded, cancellation should be made not less than four (4) days before the date of the workshop.
3. Certificates will be given only to those who have actually attended the seminar. Those who register and pay but will not attend the workshop will be given handouts but not certificates.
4. Powermax Consulting Group will take video footage and/or photos of the seminar which may or may not include your recognizable image. By participating in this event, you consent to your voice, name, image, and/or likeness being used without compensation, in any form or medium, as part of the recording of the event and for any other commercial purposes (including in advertising and promotional materials)
5. The materials for this seminar are protected. Any form of audio, video or image recording of the seminar or PowerPoint slides used by the speaker is strictly prohibited.
6. Only the handouts will be given by the speaker. He / she is not obliged to provide a copy of other training materials like the Powerpoint file.
7. Companies / Organizations / Individuals with business(es) competitive with the businesses of Powermax Consulting Group (i.e., seminars, training, consultancy, and the like) are not allowed to register unless with written consent by the management of Powermax. Full disclosure of business line in registration is required. If anyone registers without full disclosure, and it is discovered that his business or one of his businesses is competitive with that of Powermax, his registration will be forfeited.
8. The management of Powermax reserves the right to refuse entry or evict any person who breaches these terms and conditions or deemed to be intoxicated or disorderly or under the influence of drugs.
9. The management of Powermax reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the event because of unforeseen circumstances, fortuitous events, or any other unfavorable situations or conditions.
10. If the seminar is cancelled because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances or force majeure, Powermax will either refund the seminar fees paid by the participants / participating companies (but not the incidental costs such as transportation, plane tickets, hotel accommodation, per diem, and the like) or roll over the payment for other seminars of Powermax (provided that the seminar fee is the same or the difference will be rectified) depending on the preference of the participants / participating companies.
11. Upon reservation, your seat(s) will be reserved but there will be no seating arrangement. Preferred seats will be on a first-come first-served basis.