I. Value Added Tax (VAT)
A. Nature and background
B. Kinds of VAT Tax rates
II. Who are required to register as VAT Taxpayers?
A. When is a new VAT taxpayer required to apply and register?
B. Who may opt to register as VAT?
III. Output tax
IV. Input tax
V. What comprises “sale of goods or properties”
VI. What is “sale or exchange of services?”
VII. What is a Zero-rated Sale?
A. Transactions considered as zero-rated sales
VIII. VAT Exempt transactions
IX. Transactions considered as deemed sale
X. When are deadlines for filing and paying VAT Returns
C. Attachments required
XI. What are the compliance activities should a VAT taxpayer perform and comply?
A. Liabilities for failure to register as VAT taxpayer
XII. Instance when a VAT-registered person may cancel his VAT registration
XIII. Invoicing requirements
XIV. Summary List of Sales and Purchases
XV. Withholding of VAT on Government Money Payment
XVI. Grounds by the CIR to suspend business operation and temporarily close a VAT registered business establishment
XVII.VAT Refund System under TRAIN or RA 10963
Atty. Judy C. Regalario, CPAFormer OIC-HREA, Collection Service Bureau of Internal RevenueTax Consultant / Lecturer on the different taxes covered by NIRC. Professor at Xavier University, Ateneo de Cagayan Cagayan De Oro (2011-2012) Former OIC – Head Revenue Executive Assistant, Bureau of Internal Revenue (2009) Master of Economics – YOKOHAMA National University, JAPAN (in the field of International Economics Public Policy and Taxation) Bachelor of Laws, Xavier University, Ateneo de Cagayan de Oro, Philippines Certified Public Accountant
Policies on Registration
1. To Avail of the EARLY BRID DISCOUNT, payment should be made no more than five (5) days adter registration.
2. For the seminar fee to be refunded, cancellation should be made not less than four (4) days before the date of the workshop.
3. Certificates will be given only to those who have actually attended the seminar. Those who register and pay but will not attend the workshop will be given handouts but not certificates.
4. Powermax Consulting Group will take video footage and/or photos of the seminar which may or may not include your recognizable image. By participating in this event, you consent to your voice, name, image, and/or likeness being used without compensation, in any form or medium, as part of the recording of the event and for any other commercial purposes (including in advertising and promotional materials)
5. The materials for this seminar are protected. Any form of audio, video or image recording of the seminar or PowerPoint slides used by the speaker is strictly prohibited.
6. Only the handouts will be given by the speaker. He / she is not obliged to provide a copy of other training materials like the Powerpoint file.
7. Companies / Organizations / Individuals with business(es) competitive with the businesses of Powermax Consulting Group (i.e., seminars, training, consultancy, and the like) are not allowed to register unless with written consent by the management of Powermax. Full disclosure of business line in registration is required. If anyone registers without full disclosure, and it is discovered that his business or one of his businesses is competitive with that of Powermax, his registration will be forfeited.
8. The management of Powermax reserves the right to refuse entry or evict any person who breaches these terms and conditions or deemed to be intoxicated or disorderly or under the influence of drugs.
9. The management of Powermax reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the event because of unforeseen circumstances, fortuitous events, or any other unfavorable situations or conditions.
10. If the seminar is cancelled because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances or force majeure, Powermax will either refund the seminar fees paid by the participants / participating companies (but not the incidental costs such as transportation, plane tickets, hotel accommodation, per diem, and the like) or roll over the payment for other seminars of Powermax (provided that the seminar fee is the same or the difference will be rectified) depending on the preference of the participants / participating companies.
11. Upon reservation, your seat(s) will be reserved but there will be no seating arrangement. Preferred seats will be on a first-come first-served basis.